Corporate Client Immigration Inquiry

Find out more

Corporate Client Immigration Inquiry

Corporate Name:
How many eyes has a typical person?

Individual Client Immigration Inquiry

Find out more

Individual Client Immigration inquiry

Individual Client Immigration inquiry

Where You Are Currently Residing
In Country Where You Are Currently Residing, if Not a Citizen

* indicates a required field

Assistance Required

Please specify your immigration needs

Work Permit
I have an offer from a Canadian employer
Temporary Residence Permit/Denied Entry to Canada

I am interested in obtaining permanent residence in Canada as a:

Skilled Professional/Provincial Nominee
Spouse/Common-Law Partner Sponsorship
Work Visa
I have a job offer from a USA employer
Expanding Business to USA
K1/K3-Fiancee/Spousal Visa
Waiver/Denied entry to USA
Green Card

If you have a specific question or request or would like to provide us with further details regarding your immigration needs, please indicate here


Same Sex Sponsorship

Canada has some of the most gay and lesbian friendly immigration laws in the world. Many gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transsexual/transgendered singles and couples move to Canada every year to enjoy improved civil rights, benefits, and the protection of a tolerant society. Same-sex marriage is legal in Canada. PricewaterhouseCoopers Immigration Law LLP specializes in Same Sex Sponsorships. With our assistance, couples may remain together in Canada while awaiting the approval of their permanent residence.  Processing times for the sponsorship of spouses, common-law partners and conjugal partners is relatively fast, although these applications can be quite complex.

The Process

A Same Sex Sponsorship application is a two-step process. The first step of the process entails processing by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, where officers assess the sponsor’s eligibility. The application is then transferred to a Canadian visa office that is responsible for applications in the spouse, common law or conjugal partners’ country of citizenship or country of permanent residence, where officers assess the genuineness of the relationship and the admissibility of the applicant.

A Canadian Permanent Resident must reside inside of Canada in order to sponsor a spouse or partner. A Canadian Citizen may reside either inside or outside of Canada while sponsoring; however, the sponsor in this case must establish the intention to return to Canada upon the approval of the Same Sex Sponsorship.

If you marry a Canadian partner in Canada, your Canadian partner can apply for Same Sex Sponsorship. Common-law partners are similar to domestic partners and are defined as life partners who have been living together for at least one year. If you have been living together with your Canadian partner continuously for at least one year, he/she can sponsor you as his/her common-law partner. A conjugal partner is like a common-law/domestic partner but no cohabitation is required. Conjugal partners may be in a genuine relationship but be forced to live apart due to immigration restrictions or fear of prosecution. Immigration lawyers at PricewaterhouseCoopers Immigration Law LLP specialize in Same Sex Sponsorship applications and take pride in the reunification of families.

Contact Us

With Canadian offices in Toronto, Ontario and Calgary, Alberta, and associate offices and affiliate representatives in many countries worldwide, we are available to represent clients around the world, around the clock. Our team of immigration lawyers and attorneys are fully licensed and are members of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Ontario Bar Association (Citizenship and Immigration Section), the Illinois State Bar, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario and the Canadian Relocation Council, to name a few. Our lawyers and paralegal staff are highly approachable and encourage open communication. Being a fully networked practice, we offer our clients the capability of online communications, ensuring ongoing personal attention and a prompt, informed response.

Contact Us

For further information with respect to U.S. and Canadian immigration or to find out if you or a company employee is eligible for temporary or permanent relocation to Canada or the U.S., we invite you to contact our experienced immigration lawyers and attorneys by contacting PricewaterhouseCoopers Immigration Law LLP at:

1-800-993-9971 or by clicking here: “Contact Us”.